We in UMN, being motivated by and dependent on God, believe these values to be foundational to our work. They influence our behaviour, our choice of partners, the way we work with our partners and the selection and development of staff.
Love and service:
- We are committed to be honest and truthful.
- We work responsibly and transparently without undue personal gain.
- We have integrity both corporately and personally whether others are looking or not.
Equity and social justice:
- We follow God's desire that we seek to be humble, forgiving and compassionate as demonstrated in the life of Jesus.
- We seek to identify with people in their needs and aspirations.
- We do not consider any task too menial or belittling.
Innovation and creativity:
- We value and respect each person as we are all created equal by God.
- We work alongside people enabling them to speak and act for themselves.
- We pro-actively address injustice and imbalance in society to bring impact at local, national and international levels.
Special concern for poor and marginalised people:
- We seek new and improved ways to do our work.
- We desire to excel in our work respecting local knowledge, practices and culture.
- We seek to develop in ourselves and others the creative ability that God has given to each of us.
Care for the environment:
- We seek to address root causes of poverty to change lives in practical ways.
- We give special priority to vulnerable and oppressed people.
- We are looking for ways to minimise our negative effect on the environment.
- We are working towards better resource management by reducing consumption, recycling and reusing materials.
- We seek to address the issues of climate change at local, national and international levels.