The team works to eliminate barriers,
enabling access to relevant education and
recognising its value.
- Teacher trainers with experience in formal
and/or non-formal education are needed.
The team works with our partners to
heal divisions and reduce discrimination
and marginalisation. This includes work
in the areas of anti-human trafficking,
domestic violence, trauma counselling and
encouraging gender sensitivity.
- Practical experience of working in a postconflict
situation would be helpful.
- Enquiries from social workers and counsellors
with relevant experience are welcome.
We work to improve the health of poor
people in Nepal primarily through
involvement in community health
programmes including HIV/AIDS
prevention and education.
- Health professionals with community or mental
health experience, midwives, and social
workers would all have a suitable background.
UMN works in the areas of Micro-enterprise,
Disaster Management, and Food Security
to improve the well-being of poor and
marginalised communities in some of our
- Agriculturalists, food technologists, nutritionists,
animal health professionals can contribute.
- People with disaster management or mitigation
experience are also valuable.