- DO YOU BELIEVE that practical demonstrations of Christian love and care can transform communities and individuals?
- ARE YOU LOOKING for a unique opportunity to address injustice and poverty?
- DO YOU HAVE extensive leadership, mentoring and capacity building experience in cross cultural contexts in the Global South?
- DO YOU POSSESS the leadership and management skills and experience to lead the strategic development of an international organisation in a challenging context?
- COULD GOD BE CALLING YOU to be part of His mission in Nepal?
IF SO, YOU MIGHT BE JUST WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR!Scenically beautiful, culturally diverse, geographically challenging - in spite of strong progress in recent years, Nepal remains one of the poorest countries in Asia. The United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is a Christian development agency which, over the last 60 years, has made significant contributions in education, health, industry, rural and community development and peace-building. Currently, UMN works with grassroots organisations in 10 of Nepal's districts, building their capacity to address the root causes of poverty and bring about sustainable change in their own communities, leading people towards the fullness of life that Jesus spoke about. UMN also continues to operate two hospitals that provide high quality holistic care, particularly to those who cannot afford it elsewhere.
We are looking for a new Executive Director to lead UMN into the next stage of its development within the exciting context of Nepal.
BASED IN KATHMANDU, UMN'S NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR WILL:
- PROVIDE OVERALL LEADERSHIP of the organisation under the UMN Board of Trustees, including spiritual leadership
- MANAGE the organisation to ensure it achieves its strategic objectives, and continues to adapt to the changing needs of Nepal
- EMBODY, COMMUNICATE AND PROMOTE the vision, mission and values of the organisation
- DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS with key stakeholders both locally and internationally, including Government and donors.
UMN is a Christian organisation, and the role therefore carries a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the post-holder to be a practising Christian with a strong and active personal faith.
Deadline for applications is 31 January 2016.
For further details click here.
Click here to download Application form.
Click here to download JD and Person Specification.
Click here to download Spouse Application Form.