Being motivated and dependent on God, we believe these values to be foundational to our work. They influence our behaviour, our choice of partners, the way we work with our partners, and the selection and development of staff.
- We follow God’s desire that we seek to be humble, forgiving and compassionate, as demonstrated in the life of Jesus.
- We seek to identify with people in their needs and aspirations.
- We do not consider any task too menial or belittling.
- We value and respect each person, as we are all created equal by God.
- We work alongside people, enabling them to speak and act for themselves.
- We pro-actively address injustice and imbalance in society to bring impact at local, national and international levels.
- We are committed to be honest and truthful.
- We work responsibly and transparently, without undue personal gain.
- We have integrity both corporately and personally, whether others are looking or not.
- We seek new and improved ways to do our work.
- We desire to excel in our work, respecting local knowledge, practices and culture.
- We seek to develop in ourselves and others the creative ability that God has given to each of us.
- We seek to address root causes of poverty to change lives in practical ways.
- We give special priority to vulnerable and oppressed people.
CARE FOR THE
- We are looking for ways to minimise our negative effect on the environment.
- We are working towards better resource management by reducing and reusing materials.
- We seek to address the issues of climate change at local, national and international levels.