National Community Development Centre (NCDC), Morang
Sunsari | Province 1
History and Key Successes of the Organisation
A Brief History of the Organisation
National Community Development Centre (NCDC), established in 2057 BS is one of the non-Governmental, volunteer organisations of the eastern region, Nepal. NCDC was established with the interest in empowering community people. The organisation was initially limited to small scale programmes. After 2065 BS, the organisation started its work in the social mobilisation sector. Since then it has been working continuously in the field of HIV and child rights and protection.
From the beginning, NCDC has been involved in raising awareness of HIV/AIDS for the migrant worker and their families with the support of various donor agencies. The organisation is working in child rights activities for disadvantaged children, resource mobilisation and capacity building activities for disadvantaged communities with the support of the UMN Sunsari cluster. Today the organisation has been able to carry out consultancy work in various fields and is now expanding into different areas of work.
Organisational Strategic Information
Every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
To enhance quality of life through a rights based approach to development.
Children feel safe, encouraged, happy and empowered in the targeted area.
- Enhance adult awareness and sensitivity about children’s rights, needs, priorities and potentials, as differentiated by age and gender;
- Facilitate opportunities for children and youth to participate with their families and communities in decisions that affect their lives, consistent with their age and ability;
- To improve local governance for effective service delivery and citizen empowerment;
- To establish a child friendly education system;
- To increase the Community’s access to community health.
Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Democratic, Inclusion, Good Governance.
Geographic Areas Covered
Budhiganga and Balbari Rural Municipalities of Morang.
Women and children, migrant workers.
Education, Public Health.
Networks and Affiliations
Member and Staff Diversity
Current Partnership/Donors (maximum of three)
Phased Out Projects (maximum of three)
Biratnagar -10, Morang
021526392 firstname.lastname@example.org www.umn.org.np/partners/ncdc
Narayan Karki, Chairperson
Last Updated: September 2019