Pray for UMN
Posted on November 23, 2020
- The next few days are very important for UMN and we ask your concerted prayers. The UMN Board is holding online meetings, and there will also be interviews with a number of candidates who have applied for the role of next Executive Director. These are particularly challenging given that Board members are spread out in very different time zones.
- Please continue to focus prayer on the need to finalise our General, Project and Hospital agreements. In some areas the Government is challenging the plans UMN wish to pursue and this could have a major impact on the range of work and number of visas which we need to effectively continue our service.
- Currently in Tansen Mission Hospital 10-16 ill patients are being cared for in our isolation ward each day. The hospital is short staffed as some staff are in isolation, having contracted COVID19 and others are off caring for sick relatives.
- Please pray that expats' visas and work permits will be processed soon. If these are not processed we will be in a position where expat doctors and others cannot work.
- On Sunday the Court case regarding the Thapathali property was postponed. We are very thankful for this as it keeps an opening for discussion with Himal Hydro and the government of Nepal. Please continue to pray for our negotiations, that UMN’s rights would be respected and we will continue to be able to use our headquarters for as long as we work in Nepal.