Pray for UMN
Posted on April 19, 2021
- Your continued prayers for safety in the pandemic is needed. There has been a huge upsurge in India and signs of rising infection and possible new variants in Nepal. Many have not been taking the need for precaution seriously. Out of concern the Government is considering closing schools and restricting social life. Pray for UMN in all its responsibilities and remember the poorest who are deeply impacted when normal life and opportunity for work is restricted.
- Bishal, our team leader in Doti asks prayer regarding the 2nd wave of COVID in the Far West (Sudurpaschim) province. This is increasing day by day because Nepali migrants are returning from India. There are 18 active cases in Doti and 634 positive cases in Sudurpaschim. There is high risk to travel and implementation of project activities. So pray the safety of cluster staff, partners and communities where UMN works.
- Currently Niki, Tirth, Bhagirath, Parsu, Melsan and Surendra are traveling and conducting community visits to facilitate participatory need assessment and project design for climate change and mitigation in both Bajhang and Doti cluster. Please pray safe travel and community visits with local people as they work to develop new projects.
- UMN has been concerned for a long time about many forms of gender discrimination. In Bajhang facilitator training for ‘Gender Champions’ was recently completed (6 to 10 April). This is an initiative promoting gender equality in Churches. Please pray for trained facilitators so that they apply their learning in their faith community.
- Also in Bajhang UMN provided ‘training of trainers’ on ‘activity based learning’ (ABL) to teachers in Thalara RM. Please pray that they apply the ABL methodology for a better learning environment in their school.