Pray for UMN
Posted on June 14, 2021
- Take some time to praise God for the compassion and generosity shown by supporters from all around the world. One striking example is the fifteen tons of medical supplies flown into Kathmandu by Samaritan’s Purse. This is being distributed around twenty two hospitals including the Mission Hospital in Tansen.
- Discussions with Social Welfare Council (SWC) on our General Agreement reached a critical point last week with an unexpected additional demand which UMN could not accede to. The difficulties continue, but please pray for those on the SWC who are sympathetic to the role of a Christian Faith based organisation like UMN doing relief and development work. Pray that these voices will be heard and a conclusion reached.
- Each of our cluster teams is continuing to procure and distribute medical equipment as best they can. Pray for safety in this work. Pray especially for our Cluster Team Leaders – Sabu Tamang (Nawalparasi), Jyoti Chapai (Bajhang), Tejindra Sinjali (Mugu), Bishal Shresta (Doti), Rup Kumar BK (Kapilbastu) and Ramesh Thing (Rukum East). Each need wisdom from above in leading their teams and cooperating with the wider community.
- Please pray for those of our staff who are going through illnesses or have suffered bereavement. This is a particularly difficult time and they all need the help of our Lord.
- Joel is traveling to USA during this challenging time, please pray for his safe travel. Fiona and children are still in Nepal, may they all have good health and comfort as they prepare to travel to meet Joel.