Pray for UMN
Posted on July 1, 2020
- Just three months ago when we began this three times a week update we noted that Nepal had had its first case of local transmission of Covid-19. Now there are over 13,500 infections and 29 deaths. The virus is clearly spreading. Please pray that the steps being taken will prevent out of control spread. We can also give thanks that over 3,000 people have recovered and in spite of lack of testing equipment and co-ordination the death rate has been less than might have been feared.
- Uphold the Hospital Leadership Teams in Tansen & Okhaldhunga, led by Rachel Karrach and Yubraj Acharya. They continue to meet with their teams daily and shoulder the responsibility for all major decisions. Pray for steady staff morale under the constant pressure of ‘normal’ daily work in a situation of concern about unseen infections that people may be unwittingly carrying.
- The Cluster Team Leaders have been encouraged that while their offices remain closed they have been able to work through partners in the distribution of food packages, hygiene kits, advice on avoiding infection and practical help with income generation. This distribution has been made possible through the support of Tear Fund.
- National Paddy Day has been marked throughout Nepal – celebrating the rice planting season with the hope that a good harvest will result. Work in the fields continues rapidly, but many farmers are concerned that they do not have sufficient fertilizer. Pray for steady rains, safety in work and that the resulting harvest will feed everyone for the year ahead.
- Please continue to pray for the Incident Management Team led by Joel. There is an endless list of issues and decisions facing this team daily, and all of this is stressful and demanding.