Pray for UMN
Posted on August 9, 2022
- Give praise for the successful completion of a two day ‘Local Capacity for Peace’ (LCP) workshop for youth.
- Last week a Training of Trainers (TOT) was held for those in UMN, our hospitals and other organisations who are working in mental health issues related to human rights and gender-based violence.
- Praise the Lord that in Doti, Community Mobilisation and Value-based transformation training for the Executive Committee members and project staff of partner organisation were conducted successfully and that the internal audit of partner organisations and the cluster went well. Also give thanks that the assessment for staff recruitment for CLIMATES and BICT projects was conducted successfully, although due to the few candidates in the first and second rounds, some positions in the BICT project remain to be confirmed.
- Please continue to pray faithfully for all aspects of the work of UMN. Our Leadership Team need constant wisdom; some of our staff are having to isolate because of COVID-19 infection; others are deeply concerned for family members who are ill; our major issues concerning legal right to use our property are ongoing; the process for seeking visas for some of our expat staff is still ongoing.
- Please pray for Jiwan, Suresh and Suraj as they are in Pellma, a very isolated area two days' walk from our Offices in Rukum East. This is to conduct Sangsangai training for Church leaders as part of the SEED Project.
- Pray for the Local Capacities for Peace (LCP) training in Community Trauma Healing for mentors this week. Some of our staff are attending along with delegates from other countries in Asia.
- Please pray for the Doti team for the successful completion of the District Project Advisory Committee meeting planned for next week
- Also in Doti, pray for the successful external financial audit of all partners and the cluster this week.
- Okhaldhunga Hospital leaders are holding interviews and assessments for new Doctors today and tomorrow (Tuesday & Wednesday). Three posts are available for doctors in Gynaecology, Orthopaedics and Paediatrics. Please pray for wisdom in decision making and that those appointed will settle well and contribute positively to the services offered by the hospital.
- Tansen hospital give thanks to God for the return to work of those staff who have recovered after being in contact with COVID-19. Please continue praying for the hospital staff exposed daily to this and other infectious diseases.
- Pray especially in this regard for cleaners, house keepers and security staff as they keep the hospital clean, and control crowded places. They are exposed more than others to the risks of infection and perform essential work to limit spread of disease in their daily work.