Pray for UMN
Posted on November 22, 2021
- On Monday and Tuesday the UMN Board will be meeting to discuss and review the work of UMN and plan for the future. Please pray wisdom for all members and clear guidance and vision from above.
- Wednesday and Thursday are set aside for the General Assembly. This is a vital time for UMN Board, staff and partners to be together in worship, prayer and discussion. Many partners and staff will join remotely online. Pray for these meetings and for the developing vision for our work. Please especially have Dhana in your prayers as she takes over responsibility as Executive Director. Pray also for Joel as he hands over the role ‘from a distance’ while remaining in UK.
- In Bajhang and Doti you are asked to pray for a new five-year project on Climate Change to begin in January 2022. Pray especially for the staff recruitment, project partners and clear agreement on the practical details. UMN have agreed this project with Normisjon and in Bajhang will work with Dalit Help Society. Pray that as this work begins in the various local communities the vision for it will be clear.
- An intense week of screening children with disabilities and training health volunteers begins in Okhaldhunga District today through our Community-Based Rehabilitation Project. Please pray we find the children who could benefit from treatment and that female community health volunteers are equipped for the future too.
- Please pray for those known to us suffering from COVID, especially Dr Olak our Hospital Services Director. Also Bikash Adhikari who is in ICU with COVID and has been very sick for over a week. He is the Director of Sundar Dhoka Sathi Sewa - an NGO who host and coordinate for people with disabilities and their families when they come to Kathmandu for treatment, including those we send through UMN.