Pray for UMN
Posted on January 11, 2021
- The Poorest People Living in Poverty (PPLP) include so called ‘low caste’ groups, people living with physical and mental disability, people who live in areas vulnerable to flooding and landslide, many women of all ages, those whose voice is never heard. Pray that in all our work UMN will be able to communicate that ALL people are loved and highly valued by God.
- Pray for our hospitals who continue to serve patients who are desperate and may not be able to afford treatment. No one is ever turned away. Pray for all staff who are stretching themselves to the limit and daily face the risk of infection by Coronavirus.
- Gender based violence (GBV) has increased in Nepal (& around our locked down world) during the pandemic. Many women have been trapped in their homes with an abusive husband with nowhere to turn. Pray that UMN staff in all their work will raise awareness of this evil and be able to take steps to deal with this suffering, working for the protection of the vulnerable.
- The Government of Nepal is in a time of great disruption. Pray for all political leaders who must find ways to move forward from division for the good of the country. Pray for UMN staff who are in regular contact with officials regarding our need of General and Project Agreements.
- Please pray for Rachel Karrach (Tansen Hospital Director) whose father Herbert has been visiting her in Tansen. He became ill and yesterday passed on to be with his Lord in Rachel's home. He was lovingly cared for by hospital and team friends. Pray that Rachel will know the peace of the Lord in these days.
- Please continue to pray for the staff and their family members for their full recovery from COVID-19 infection.